Sometimes the entrepreneurial journey can be challenging. It may seem a daunting task getting your business idea transformed into a workable business model that can be implemented. Sometimes once you have hit the road running, you encounter much more challenges than you had hoped for. Have you ever felt like:
- You wake up one day with a brilliant business idea, start working on the business model then a few days later realize someone else beat you to the idea?
- You’re on top of the world, determined to make your dreams come true one day and the next you feel totally lost and confused about what you’re doing?
- You’re excited about your ideas and then you talk to someone who doesn’t think you’ll be able to do it and you feel like it’s all hopeless?
- You’ve got several brilliant ideas and you’re not sure which one is going to work out the best and so you go round and round in circles?
- You want to ‘make it happen’ and desire to see your idea work out, but you just don’t have a clue how to do it?
- You feel like you’re stuck and you’re fed up and just want to break free and do whatever it is you’re supposed to be doing in life?
- You started your business to have more freedom and a life you loved, but you feel more overwhelmed than you ever felt before?
- You got into business to enjoy good profit but your business seems to be making only losses and you’re not sure how much longer you can carry on?
- You feel isolated and lonely, because you don’t know any other like-minded people to talk to about what you’re going through building your business?
- You start a business then down the road encounter hurdles and wish you had someone by your side to guide you?
If so, you’re human! You are just experiencing some of the challenges that entrepreneurs encounter. I think most startup entrepreneurs feel like this at some point or another during their entrepreneurial journey. The truth is that being an entrepreneur and turning your business idea into a reality is like being on a roller coaster ride in the dark. It is like landing in a foreign country speaking a different language and there is no one in sight to offer you guidance to your final destination.
For the person destined to be an entrepreneur… you feel lonely, you feel scared, there are ups and downs, you haven’t got a clue what’s coming next, but all the while you feel exhilarated, you are excited. You’re smiling, even though on the inside you’re thinking ‘what the hell am I doing!?’ You have to stay focused on what you’re trying to achieve, learn as much as you can, get inspired, build a network of support around yourself, keep going and keep the faith!
Victor Amos Ochieng’
Founder – I Am An Entrepreneur Kenya